Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When Life Gets Busy, Get a Moleskine Planner



     In the entropy that is the modern world, it's nice to have something to turn to that's not an electronic device. Now that I'm working seven days a week (including fourteen hour days,) working trade shows, running back and forth between Williamsburg and the city, and trying to fit a social life in between, I need something reliable and concrete that I can use to keep my life together.  Once I have my Reade Tote in hand, my black Moleskine planner will be one of its many permanent and beloved fixutres. 

There's something very sophisticated about a minimalist, well-made planner or journal. Though smart phones and computers have great calendars and planners, electronics, while on the go, can die when you need them the most.  I love the concept of being able to literally pencil something in (or out) of your life's schedule. 

The Moleskine original in a soft cover black is classic (and my favorite.) It's also available in an array of other colors, and is relatively inexpensive for it's quality. And don't forget a pencil (not a pen) because you never know when plans will change (don't they always seem to?)

Let's put our phones away for a minute, and save the dying art of the written word.

1 comment:

  1. I love my planner! Phones are a necessity but over rated.

    ReplyDelete